Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ladies Who Lunch

Shu Junyi (Daisy) is a participant of my Saturday night English Corner program. Last week she invited me to lunch at her apartment. She very thoughtfully picked me up at my building and we went by taxi to her apartment. Shu Junyi has a beautiful apartment on the 18th floor of her building. It is light-filled and spacious with beautiful hardwood floors. It has two bedrooms and an office. She is married and has one daughter. Recently she took a trip to Europe with her daughter and we looked at the pictures of the trip. She has a girl helper from the countryside who prepared a wonderful homemade lunch. In the picture you can see three kinds of dumplings, broccoli, tofu, a kind of healthy bean soup with peanuts and in the middle of the soup was a plum. Also with lunch was a fruit salad with apples, pears, bananas and citrus fruit. After lunch, we looked at more pictures which Shu Junyi had on her computer. It was a wonderful day and I'm glad I have a new Chinese friend!

No comments: